|Crypto Gateway Name||Minimum Processing Fee||Number of Supported Cryptocurrencies|
|NOWPayments*||0.5%||200+ including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Tether, Litecoin, Doge, SHIB, Monero & many more|
|Coinbase Commerce*||1%||Bitcoin, ApeCoin, Bitcoin Cash, DAI, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, SHIBA INU, Tether & USD Coin|
|Coingate*||1% fee for all buttons, plugins, web PoS, APIs and billing.||70+ cryptocurrencies including: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, XRP, Dogecoin, Tether, BNB, Cardano, Solana & more|
|Spectrocoin*||Exchnage Rate Fee||32 including Bitcoin, ETH, USDT, USDC, LINK, MATIC & More|
|Cryptopay||1%||16 including BTC, ETH, XRP, XLM, ADA, SHIB & More|
|Bitpay||1% + 25¢||15 including Bitcoin, Ethereum, DOGE, USD Coin, XRP & More|
|Crypto.com Pay||Settlement Fee||32 including BTC, ETH, CRO, USDC, DAI, USDT|
NowPayments Crypto Payment Processing Fees:
- For a monthly asset flow of 0-49 BTC, the transaction fee is 0.5%
- If the flow reaches 50 BTC, the fee lowers to 0.45%
- At 100 BTC, the fee decreases to 0.4%
- A special offer is available for flows exceeding 200 BTC, for which users are advised to contact NOWPayments directly
- When accepting payments in the same cryptocurrency as the customer’s, the transaction fee starts from 0.4%
- An additional 0.5% exchange fee applies if different currencies are involved, leading to a total fee of 1%. This fee enables instant exchange between cryptocurrencies
- For registered NOWPayments users, conversions within the Custody feature incur a 0.5% service fee
- Mass payouts do not come with a service fee. However, the network fee set by the blockchain applies
- A fixed-rate exchange option is available for protection against crypto volatility, and it standardizes the transaction fee to 1%, regardless of transaction volume
- Crypto-to-fiat and fiat-to-crypto conversions are also available, with pricing details to be checked directly from the NOWPayments website
2. Coinbase Commerce
Coinbase Commerce’s fees and features:
- Payment solution from the world’s leading crypto exchange
- Offers two options to accept crypto payments: self-managed and Coinbase-managed.
- Both have 1% transaction fees
- Self-Managed allows you to manage your own wallet and private keys
- Self-Managed currency conversion is manual
- Self-Managed accounts can be set-up instantly
- Coinbase-Managed currency conversion is automatic with free settlement into crypto or fiat
- Coinbase-Managed accounts require more rigorous account reviews
- No chargebacks on either account
- Integrates with popular eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce and many more
Coingate Payment Processing Fees:
- CoinGate charges a 1% processing fee for all transactions through SEPA bank transfer.
- If you’d like to buy crypto with your credit/debit card, the fee is 8%.
- Plugins, APIs, Web Pos, and billing are also subject to a 1% fee, which is relatively low compared to other (non-crypto) payment processors in the market.
- The fees might change depending on your business’ risk tier.
- For Billing services, Coingate offers 3 different plans: subscription, one-time, and custom.
- For subscribers, the service fee starts from 8 EUR/month, while the exact number is determined based on the specific needs of your business.
- One-time billing starts from 10 EUR
- And custom billing starts from 8 EUR/month.
Spectrocoin’s pricing and features:
- They do list pricing on their website, but instead offer bespoke pricing to each business
- Ability to create Instant Pre-Order Forms
- Create mass Multiple Receiver Pre-Orders
- Offer Point of Sale (POS) URLs
- Offers plugins for popular eCommerce platforms, such as WHMCS, PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento, Drupal, WordPress, ZenCart, and VirtueMart
- Payment Buttons with 25 different cryptocurrencies available, including popular ones like BTC, ETH, and USDT.
- Ability accept crypto both online and in-store
- Dedicated IBAN feature
- Also has their own SpectroCoin API
Bitpay features and pricing:
- For a monthly transaction amount below $500,000 USD: 2% + 25¢
- For a monthly transaction amount between $500,000 and $999,999 USD: 1.5% + 25¢
- For a monthly transaction amount of $1,000,000 USD or more: 1% + 25¢
- Note that higher fees may be applicable for high-risk industries
- BitPay’s partner platforms, such as Shopify, Ubercart, Wix, and more, make it easy to integrate cryptocurrency payments.
- BitPay code libraries allow developers to focus on the payment flow and e-commerce integration
- Offer a Direct API Implementation
- Also offer Website Payment Buttons
- BitPay offers retail payment tools that merchants can use in conjunction with their conventional point of sale systems
- Also offer an email billing service
Cryptopay features and pricing:
- Opening an account is completely free of charge. There are no hidden fees; only a 1% processing fee.
- Accept crypto and store on multiple fiat wallets
- Offer a fully integrated suite of payment products
- Intuitive platform and comprehensive reporting
- Enjoy multi-user feature and multiple projects under one account
- API and premade solutions that can be tailored to your needs. Customise quickly and easily
- E-commerce payment plugins for WooCommerce, Adobe Commerce (Magento), OpenCart and PrestoShop
- Several Payment and software providers
- Offer tools that monitor illicit cryptocurrency addresses and tag addresses that interact with them
7. Crypto.com Pay
Crypto.com Pay features and pricing:
- Accept Payments From Over 50 Million Users
- Easily send invoices and manage payments using their dashboard
- No transaction or setup fees
- Claim to help save up to 80% on fees when settling in your preferred fiat currency
- E-commerce integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, OpenCart, ecwind and many more
- Made it easy to start accepting cryptocurrencies with just a few lines of code
- Customer bonusses such as getting cashback up to 10% in CRO
- Merchants get listed in the Crypto.com Pay App
* Please note we have an affiliate relationship with these companies. This means they may pay us a referral fee if you sign-up via our link. This helps support this website at no additional cost to you.
How can I accept crypto payments on my website?
Each of the 7 companies above offer crypto payment solutions for website owners.
The implementation and fees vary widely between companies so it’s worth spending some time and researching each option thoroughly before settling on one.
How to accept crypto payments on Shopify?
Three of the companies listed above offer specific crypto payment Shopify plugins that will allow you to accept Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies.
– Coinbase Commerce
– Crypto.com Pay
Why accept crypto payments?
Accepting Crypto payments on your website gives customers one more way to pay.
The fees can often be lower than traditional merchant accounts and other payment processing options.
Finally, it may allow you to sell to customers in more countries who don’t have access to traditional credit and debit cards.
How much are typical crypto payment processing fees?
Fess vary by payment provider.
NOWpayments for example charges just 0.5% with discounts for higher payment processing volumes which makes it the cheapest.
Other payment providers such as Spectrocoin and Crytpo.com Pay don’t charge set processing fees, but instead charge a currency conversion fee if you want to convert back to a fiat currency.