AIB Merchant Services started as a privately held company, founded in 1979. It is one of Ireland’s largest providers of payment solutions and serves Britain as well as Ireland. It also processes every major credit and debit card throughout Europe.
AIB Merchant Services Credit Card Processing & Payment Services
AIB Merchant Services has a range of payment solutions for accepting all major credit and debit card payments over the phone, online or in person. AIB Merchant Service accepts a wide range of currencies and accepts the following cards:
- American Express
- Diners Club International
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
Other AIB Merchant Services Products and Services
- Global Choice Dynamic Currency Conversion: International customers can pay in their billing currency.
- Tax Free: Provide value for your tourist customers and the potential to earn commission. The terminal will identify the country of a card’s issue and, as long it’s outside the EU, the customer can be offered the choice of receiving a VAT refund which can be completed in-store.
- Insight: An online data management system which offers fast and easy access to credit and debit card transaction data.
AIB Merchant Services Pricing & Fees
AIB Merchant Services has a range of pricing plans to suit SMEs to corporates, however, not all of these are available on AIBMS’s website. They can only be obtained by asking for a direct quote.
- Clover EPOS system – fully integrated retail solution – Clover Station, Clover Mini and Clover Mobile
- Comprehensive reporting
- Clover is built to grow with your business
On the Go
- Clover mobile terminals
- Verifone Vx680
Online – starts from £21.99 per month
- Authipay: Secure online payment processing
- Bundle options:
- Small business £21.99 per month, 300 transactions, cost per additional transaction £0.20, MSC Credit card – 3%, Debit Card – £0.005, Commercial – 2.5%
- Medium business £50.00 per month, 1,000 transactions, cost per additional transaction £0.15, MSC Credit Card – 2.5%, Debit Card – £0.005, Commercial – 2.5%
- Corporate – cost and transactions are variable
- Real time reporting
- Multi-currency settlement
- Seamless security
- Shopping cart
Over the Phone
- Virtual terminal
Source: AIB Merchant Services Pricing
To see that that compares have a look at: 2019 UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
AIB Merchant Services Features
- Authipay integrates with many popular eCommerce platforms such as Woo Commerce, Opencart, OsCommerce, Magento, Joomla and Vpasp.
- eCommerce/Virtual terminal
- Clover EPOS systems
- Mobile terminal lease/rental
- Shopping cart integration
- Online payments
- Telephone payments
- Face to face payments
- Payments in multi-currencies
- Fraud protection
- 24/7 customer service
AIB Merchant Services is the merchant banking division of Allied Irish Bank. Allied Irish Banks Plc was incorporated in Ireland in September 1966. It was the result of the amalgamation of the Munster and Leinster Bank Ltd. (established 1885), the Provincial Bank of Ireland Ltd. (established 1825) and the Royal Bank of Ireland Limited (established 1836). Allied Irish Bank is one of the big four banks in Ireland.
AIB Merchant Services was founded in 1979. The company’s senior management team have a combined 70 years of core banking and payment expertise. AIB Merchant Services is the only First Data Alliance to use the leading dMAX Platform.
AIBMS has won several awards including the MPE Best Acquirer Award 2017, 2015 and 2014. The company’s Clover system was awarded “Best Innovation” at the Card and Payments Awards 2015.
The company believes in excellent customer service and has dedicated corporate account management teams. They believe in working closely with clients in order to develop long and successful relationships.
AIB Merchant Services Reviews and Pros & Cons
Unfortunately, there are very few reviews of AIB Merchant Services online and none on their company website. The few reviews available are between 5 and 8 years old which doesn’t give a fair impression of the company today.
The company certainly offers a wide range of payment solutions but, being part of a major bank, it’s unlikely that they would take on high risk merchants. However, established low risk businesses may find them suitable.
How Does AIB Merchant Services Compare?
AIB Merchant Services reveals very few of its charges online, so it isn’t easy to compare directly with other payment gateways and merchant accounts. Go to the company’s request a quote page for a direct quote. You can also visit a comparison site such as Cardswitcher and/or read more on our merchant account comparison page.