Santander Merchant Services is part of the multinational Santander Group, which had humble beginning in Spain in 1857. In 2009, Santander partnered with global payments provider Evalon and, together they offer tailored merchant services solutions to businesses of all sizes.
Santander Merchant Services Credit Card Processing & Payment Services
Santander Merchant Services Payments
Santander Merchant Services accepts a wide variety of credit and debit cards. The company’s Dynamic Currency Conversion service (DCC) allows customers to accept over 60 worldwide currencies.
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Discover Card (Discover Global Network)
- UnionPay International
- Japanese Credit Bureau (JCB)
- Korean BC Global
- Serbian DinaCards
- Indian RuPay Cards
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Samsung Pay
Other Santander Merchant Services Products and Services
- Dynamic Currency Conversion: This converts international card purchases to the cardholder’s home currency at the time of sale. Santander Merchant Services rebates a share of the conversation fee to you.
- Multi-currency Conversion (MCC): Businesses can accept over 100 currencies and settle in 17.
- Clover Online Store: Create a smart, simple online store backed by Clover Security
- iMerchantConnect: Online reporting tool designed to give businesses information on transactions, batches, deposits, exceptions, credits, retrievals and interchange qualification categories.
- Gift and loyalty programmes
Santander Merchant Services Pricing & Fees
Santander Merchant Services doesn’t publish its pricing structure on its website. Pricing and fees can be obtained by asking Santander for a quote specific to your business needs.
To see that that compares have a look at: 2019 UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
Santander Merchant Services Features
- Fraud screening
- Keeps data safe with PCI
- Santander Business Current Account
- Next day settlement into Santander Account
- Accept payments in person
- Accept payments on the go with mobile POS solutions
- Accept payments over the phone with the virtual terminal
- Accept payments online
- Offers an end-to-end processing solution
- No limit for value of transactions paid in per day
- Electronic gift cards available
- 24/7 customer support
- Compliance with all applicable card industry standards
- Use your tablet as a cash register and business management tool
- Real time transaction processing
- No early termination fee
Santander Merchant Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Banco Santander, a Spanish bank whose roots go back to 1856. The Santander group has a total of 125 million customers and employs 188,492 people. 2016 saw the group’s attributable profit increase by 4% to €6,204 million with a market capitalisation of €72,314 million. The Group has expanded across Latin America, North America, Asia and Europe.
Santander began its life in the UK in 2004 by acquiring Abbey National. In 2008 the company acquired part of Bradford and Bingley and Alliance and Leicester. Santander’s UK acquisitions were rebranded as Santander.
Santander UK partnered with Elavon in 2009 to provide their merchant services. Elavon is part of U.S Bank’s payment services division, founded in 1991. Globally, the company processes over 3 billion transactions each year, totalling over £2.23 billion. Elavon has been a world leader in payment processing for over 20years, helping small businesses, large corporations and everything in between. Its size allows it to process all transactions in-house without using a third-party processor. Elavon is now the sixth largest payment processor in Europe and fourth largest in the U.S. which means Santander Merchant Services has chosen an excellent partner.
Santander Merchant Services Reviews
- Trustpilot: 1.5 out of 5 based on 1,725 reviews
Based on the reviews on the above sites, our Merchant Machine score is 1.5 out of 5.