Global Payments in the UK is part of the American Global Payments group which processes billions of transactions for over one million merchants in over 38 countries around the globe. Global Payments provides solutions to any size of business, from owner-managed to multinationals.
Global Payments Credit Card Processing & Payment Services
Global Payments Payments
Global Payments has a range of payment solutions for accepting payments over the phone, online, via invoice or in person. Global Payments accepts a range of payments types in 137 transaction currencies and 16 settlement currencies via their International Acquiring solution:
- American Express
- Discover Global Network Cards
- UnionPay Card
Other Global Payments Products and Services
- Dynamic Currency Conversion: International customers can choose to pay in their home currency.
- Tax Free Shopping: Offer this to all non-EU shoppers and they can claim back 20% on all purchases over £30.
Global Payments Pricing & Fees
Global Payments doesn’t list its fees on its website. These vary depending on the size of the business concerned.
To see that that compares have a look at: UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
Global Payments Features
- BusinessView – integrated, web based payment information management tool
- Smart Dispute Manager Merchant Portal
- International Acquiring platform for businesses who provide products or services in multiple countries
- 24/7 customer service
- Global Iris – an online payment gateway and merchant account
- Contactless payments
- Payments on the go – Global MPOS
- Payments online
- Payments in person
- Payments by telephone
- Dedicated local account management
- International relationship oversight
- Worldwide card acquiring network
- Unique cross-border eCommerce solutions
- Simplification of card acceptance complexities
- Support of new market entries
- Customised reconciliation reports
Global Payments UK is a leading provider of payment technology services, bringing a broad range of products and services to businesses of every size. Global Payments head office is in Atlanta, U.S.A. and the company employs over 8,500 employees worldwide, with merchants and partners in 30 countries in the USA, Europe, Brazil and the Asia-Pacific region.
A joint venture between HSBC Bank and Global Payments Inc was initiated in 2008. The company was called HSBC Merchant Services LLP and Global Payments owned a 51% share. It was agreed that HSBC would provide merchant referrals for a ten-year period. Even though Global Payments bought out HSBC in 2009, the merchant referral scheme still exists and has now been extended until June 2019. The company has operated under the name ‘Global Payments’ since 2013. In 2015, Global Payments acquired Realex Payments which is one of Europe’s biggest online payment gateways, processing payments of over €28 billion per annum.
The UK division of Global Payments has separate divisions for SMEs, Enterprise and Multinational companies, offering each sector the support, technology and expertise they need to help them provide easy payment options for their customers. Global Payments uses independent sales organisations and resellers to sell merchant accounts. This is often the company’s downfall, as some of these sales people don’t advise would-be customers of all the costs involved in a contract, which is what leads to customer dissatisfaction and complaints.
Global Payments Pros & Cons
The following pros and cons are based on information available on Global Payments’ website and reviews from Trustpilot.
- Good customer service
- Wide range of services and products
- Foreign currency services
- Grow with your business
- Bespoke contracts and fees
- Undisclosed fees
- Accounts office only open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Poor communication and customer service
- Disputes are not resolved quickly
- Early termination fee
Global Payments Reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.3 out of 5 based on 298 reviews
Global Payments Merchant Machine score is 4.3 out of 5.