QuickBooks Payments is a credit card processing system which allows merchants who use QuickBooks accounting software to process credit cards via their portal. Like QuickBooks, QuickBooks Payments is a software package developed and marketed by Intuit and both are aimed at SMEs.
QuickBooks Credit Card Processing & Payment Services
QuickBooks Payments UK has a range of payment solution for accepting payment online or by phone. It also supports over 100 currencies.
- Visa credit or debit card
- Mastercard credit or debit card
Other QuickBooks Products and Services
- QuickBooks: Accounting software developed for SMEs, either on premises or cloud based. Use for accepting payments, paying bills and payroll.
QuickBooks Payments Pricing & Fees
QuickBooks Payments pricing varies depending on whether you are currently using QuickBooks or not. For those who already have QuickBooks the following fees apply: –
- Pay as you go online payments
- Bank Transfer (ACH) – Free
- Card – Invoiced – 9% + 25c per transaction
- Card – Keyed – 4% + 25c per transaction
- Pay as you go desktop payments
- Bank Transfer (ACH) – $1
- Card – Swiped – 2.4% + 30c per transaction
- Card – Invoiced – 3.5% + 30c per transaction
- Card – Keyed – 3.5% + 30c per transaction
- Pay Monthly
- $20 per month
- Bank Transfer (ACH) – $1
- Card – Swiped – 1.6% + 30c per transaction
- Card – Invoiced – 3.3% + 30c per transaction
- Card – Keyed – 3.3% + 30c per transaction
To see how that compares have a look at: 2019 UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
QuickBook Payments Features
- No set up cost
- No fixed contract
- No termination fee
- 24/7 support
- Fast and easy setup
- Virtual terminal
- EMV acceptance
- ACH processing
- Payment receiving within 2 to 3 days
- Every plan integrates with QuickBooks bookkeeping software
- Mobile app for payments on the go
- Free swiper for those not already with Intuit
Both QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payments were developed by Intuit which was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx in Mountain View, CA. Their initial success was a product for individual financial management called Quicken. They decided to expand their product to include small businesses. The initial QuickBooks had various shortcomings which were ironed out by 2000, when the Intuit launched a Basic and Pro version of the software. In 2003 the company launched a product which had industry specific versions which was very well received. By 2005, QuickBooks had acquired 74% of the American market.
Intuit has offices in the UK (London and Salisbury), the United States (Arizona, California, Massachusetts, Nevada, Virginia and Washington DC), Canada (Alberta and Ontario), Australia (Sydney and Melbourne), France (Paris), India (Bangalore) and Singapore.
The fact that QuickBooks Payments gives merchants the opportunity to process credit cards through QuickBooks accounting software, makes it a very attractive package. The company also offers an Apple app so businesses can constantly check their sales position.
QuickBooks Payments Pros & Cons
- Trustpilot: 4.5 out of 5 based on 1,672 reviews
Based on the reviews on the above sites, our Merchant Machine score is 4.5 out of 5.