How does it stack up compared to other EPOS systems?
Read out review below to find out.
Zettle Food & Drink Cost
Currently it will cost you £29/month per iPad.
This monthly fee is for the software, not the hardware. You’ll need your own iPad to use the Zettle Food & Drink System.
This actually makes Zettle Food & Drink one of the cheaper EPOS solutions on the market. Traditional EPOS system typically retrial of over £1,000 each.
Zettle Food & Drink Transaction Fees
If you you use your Zettle Card Reader with your Zettle Food & Drink system you can pay as little as 1.25% per transaction (credit or debit cards) which is 0.5% less than the normal reader transaction fee.
While this a nice savings if you’re already using an Zettle Reader, it can work out more than using a merchant account.
To better understand the pricing difference have a look at our UK Merchant Account & Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison guide.
Zettle Food & Drink Features
Here are just some of the features you can find on the Zettle Food & Drink:
- Payments: Accept cash, card and mobile payments faster, access real-time sales data and receive daily sales reports
- Fully Mobile EPOS: Take tableside orders and payments, even when you have no internet.
- Product Management: Add products, give it a set price, open price or price by weight. Assign a barcode or SKU. Configure tax options and sit in/takeout price modifications.
- Options: Can be assigned to a product in order to open an option window when a product is sold. The options can be no-charge items like cooking instructions or charged products such as extra add-on items.
- Category Management: Assign products to categories and select particular categories to print order dockets to different prep stations around your business. Categories can then be grouped under departments for reporting purposes.
- Button Layout: Drag and drop product buttons to re-organise your POS product screens. Add portion selectors and also change the order of your menu bar.
- Quick Functions: Quantity, Search, Abandon order, Waste, Save, Add Promotion, No sale, Transaction reverse, View Closed orders, Void, Pay out, Clock out, Cashup, Help, Refund.
- Gift Card Management: Gift cards can be sold electronically or choose to supply physical branded plastic gift cards to your customers.
- Loyalty: Generate loyalty accounts and provide your customers with physical branded key tag cards. If a customer forgets their card then use the search function to apply their name to the sale.
- Table Management: Add and adjust tables to match the layout of your restaurant, cafe or bar with ease, and help your staff see what’s been ordered at each table.
- Split-bill and open tab: Allow a big table to all pay separately with the split-bill feature, while the open tab feature lets you keep checks open for customers.
- Stock and inventory management: Enjoy advanced management tools that keep track of your stock, notify you of what needs to be ordered, and help you manage suppliers and purchase orders.
- Sales overview and reports: Quickly view daily and monthly sales reports using your laptop, iPad or smartphone. Analyse essential sales data such as busiest times and most sold products.
- Employee Management: Set schedules, look over timesheets, and keep track of your staff with accounts for each that show what they’re selling and the hours they’re working.
- Xero: The Zettle Food & Drink integration with Xero puts easy-to-use accounting at your fingertips.
- No Contracts: And you can Try book an Zettle Food & Drink Demo before you buy.
Zettle Food & Drink Accessories
Zettle Food & Drink App
The iPad version of the app allows you to:
- Work offline – Print, open the cash drawer and share table orders between devices;
- Process Apple Pay, Android Pay and contactless payments with an integrated solution from Zettle by PayPal
- Print customer receipts, kitchen checks and drinks orders on a range of compatible Star Micronics receipt and kitchen printers;
- Connect a range of cash drawer sizes to suit your business needs;
- Scan barcodes using a range of compatible Bluetooth barcode scanners;
- Send email receipts directly to your customers;
- Create and sell gift cards;
- Hold sales on account;
- Save orders to a table or for collection and delivery;
- Collect and manage deposits;
- View detailed real-time reports from any device with a web browser, analyse business performance, and make changes to your products and users via our Backoffice, anytime anyplace;
- Download the smartphone reports app to stay updated on the move;
- Utilise standard EPOS functionality such as gratuities, paid outs, no sales, floats;
- Train staff quickly and efficiently with our easy-to-use layout and functionality;
- Track staff hours worked using clock in and out functionality;
- Create multiple user accounts with different access levels;
- Manage products, pricing, users, and more, remotely from your Backoffice;
- Recognise and reward loyal customers;
- Keep your inventory up to date with our integrated stock control;
- Post sales to Xero® accounting software;
- Rely on UK-based 7-day, free-of-charge telephone & online support.
However, it only gets a score of 3.1 out of 5.
Zettle Food & Drink Reviews
System Price: 5/5
Fees: 4/5 – Clear pricing, but not the cheapest on the market.
Features: 5/5 – Pretty much everything you need.
User Reviews: 4.4/5 (based on Trustpilot)
Disclaimer: We were an Zettle Food & Drink affiliate, which means we got paid a commission if you sign-up for a trial. We feel its important that you know.