Global Iris is Global Payments’ online payment processing solution. It is designed for both SME’s and large enterprises and is compatible with most shopping carts. In 2014 and 2015, Global Iris won the Channel category at the Merchant Payment Ecosystem Awards.
Global Iris Credit Card Processing & Payment Services
Global Iris Payments
Global Iris has a range of payment solutions for accepting payments. It accepts a range of payments types in 137 transaction currencies and 16 settlement currencies via their International Acquiring solution:
- American Express
- Discover Global Network Cards
- UnionPay Card
Other Global Iris Products and Services
- HomeCurrencyPay: Your customers can pay online in their own currency and you earn commission from the transaction. Global Iris currently supports 32 currencies in their Dynamic Currency Conversion feature.
- Online Reporting Tool: Keep track of transactions and accounts.
Global Iris Pricing & Fees
Global Iris doesn’t list any fees or prices on its website, and neither does Global Payments. Fees are calculated on an individual basis. Once you have a quote you can see how it compares at: UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
Global Iris Features
- 3D Secure
- Global Iris Virtual Terminal allows you to accept telephone or CNP payments
- Global Re-Direct keeps your buyer on your website throughout the whole buyer and payment process
- Global Remote allows clients to host the entire payment process within their website
- Supports full multiple currency processing
- PayPal is available on Global Iris
Global Iris is used by Global Payments as an online platform for CNP payment processing. Global Payments UK is a leading provider of payment technology services, bringing a broad range of products and services to businesses of every size. Global Payments head office is in Atlanta, U.S.A. and the company employs over 8,500 employees worldwide, with merchants and partners in 30 countries in the USA, Europe, Brazil and the Asia-Pacific region.
A joint venture between HSBC Bank and Global Payments Inc was initiated in 2008. The company was called HSBC Merchant Services LLP and Global Payments owned a 51% share. It was agreed that HSBC would provide merchant referrals for a ten-year period. Even though Global Payments bought out HSBC in 2009, the merchant referral scheme still exists and has now been extended until June 2019. The company has operated under the name ‘Global Payments’ since 2013. In 2015, Global Payments acquired Realex Payments which is one of Europe’s biggest online payment gateways, processing payments of over €28 billion per annum.
The UK division of Global Payments has separate divisions for SMEs, Enterprise and Multinational companies, offering each sector the support, technology and expertise they need to help them provide easy payment options for their customers. Global Payments uses independent sales organisations and resellers to sell merchant accounts. This is often the company’s downfall, as some of these sales people don’t advise would-be customers of all the costs involved in a contract, which is what leads to customer dissatisfaction and complaints.
Global Iris Pros & Cons
There are no reviews online for Global Iris. The following pros and cons are based on information available on Global Payments’ website and reviews on Global Payments from Trustpilot.
- Good customer service
- Wide range of services and products
- Foreign currency services
- Grow with your business
- Bespoke contracts and fees
- Undisclosed fees
- Accounts office only open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Poor communication and customer service
- Disputes are not resolved quickly
- Early termination fee
Global Payments Reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.3 out of 5 based on 298 reviews
Global Payments Merchant Machine score is 4.3 out of 5.