allpay is a UK payments specialist which was established in 1994. It provides a bill payment service mainly utilised by the public sector. allpay processes over £7 billion annually through over 67 million transactions. The company introduced its direct debit facility in 2014.
allpay Direct Debit Processing & Payment Services
allpay’s direct debit portal was introduced in 2014 and replaced WebconnecT. The new portal added new features.
- Fast, streamlined direct debit set-up procedure
- Account visibility for clients to support their customers
- No limit on bulk uploads
- Collect payments every day of the month
- Simple, safe and speedy service
- UK based 24/7 customer services
- Automatic customer verification
- Transaction data available the day after transactions are made
- PCI DSS compliance
allpay Pricing & Fees
allpay doesn’t list its fees and pricing online. Businesses need to contact the company directly to find current fees for the implementation of direct debits.
To see how that compares have a look at: Merchant Account and Debit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
Other allpay Products and Services
- Internet payments
- Text payments
- Telephone payments
- Prepaid cards
- Print and design
- 24 publishing
- Rude Wines
allpay was founded by Tony Killeen in 1994 and was known as Financial Collection Services (FCS) Ltd. It was a company that provided swipe card facilities for local government and housing associations. Its rapid growth led to a change of name in 2000 – allpay.net Limited in 2000. It was felt that ‘allpay’ reflected the core of the company’s electronic business solutions.
The allpay Group now consists of six businesses: –
- Bill payments – facilitating the collection and receipt of revenues
- Prepaid cards – for the paying out of benefits and allowances
- Card manufacturing and bureau facilities – securely producing and distributing secure credit, debit and prepaid cards
- Print and design
- Rude Wines – online wine retailer
There are no online reviews for GoCardless and its direct debit portal, it’s therefore not possible at the moment to give a fair Merchant Machines score.