ShopKeep is specifically designed for small or medium businesses, particularly those in the food and beverage industry. It gives merchants the ability to ring up sales, print receipts or email them directly to customers, and track inventory – all using an iPad.
ShopKeep Point of Sale Plans and Pricing
ShopKeep offers a simple pricing solution for POS software. The company will give businesses a 14- day free, fully featured trial. When completed, ShopKeep can provide you with a quote which will include the POS software and a hardware package.
- $69 month to month for POS software
- $59 per month on an annual contract for POS software
Source: ShopKeep Pricing
To see how they compare, have a look at: UK Merchant Account and Debit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
- No contract
- No termination fee
- 24/7 customer service – email and chat
- Specialised versions for retailers, restaurants and franchises
- Accepts most forms of payment
- Customisation for tips and discounts
- Email receipts
- Data security
- For use on iOS 7 tablet
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited inventory tracking
- Real time sales reports
- Staff monitoring – shift management
- Hardware available at an additional cost – iPad mount, barcode scanner etc
- Third party software integration, such as QuickBooks and MailChimp
Other ShopKeep Products and Services
- Provides POS hardware
ShopKeep was founded in New York in 2008. Jason Richelson and Amy Bennett were becoming tired of their POS software crashing and so developed a simpler, smarter solution which became ShopKeep.
When Apple launched the iPad in 2010, ShopKeep moved its software from desktop to tablet. By 2013 ShopKeep was employing 100 people and had 10,000 customers. This growth encouraged the company to open offices in Belfast, Northern Ireland and Portland, Oregon in 2014.
Opening in Belfast gave ShopKeep a launchpad for their expansion into Europe. By 2015, ShopKeep was being used by 18,000 independent merchants in the US, this has since increased to almost 25,000. 2015 saw ShopKeep acquire Payment Revolution and launch integrated payment processing. The following years the company was ranked 116th on the Deloitte Fast 500 Fastest Growing Tech Companies in North America.
ShopKeep Pros & Cons
The following pros and cons are based on information available on ShopKeep’s website and from reviews on Trustpilot.
- Excellent customer service
- Easy to use for staff and customers
- Ease of tracking sales tax, credit card sales etc
- Constantly upgrading software
- Customer service won’t put customers through to a supervisor
- Problems with managing multiple SKUs
- 24/7 customer service – technicians only work Monday to Friday during the day – messages passed on
- Overcharging for POS systems and upgrades
- Poor quality hardware
- Trustpilot: 4.3 out of 5 based on 669 reviews
Based on the reviews on the above sites, our Merchant Machine score is 4.3 out of 5.