Intelligent Retail developed ‘Connect’ to serve as a multichannel retail system which gives retailers the option of running their store and online store all in one place, should they so choose. Intelligent Retail is based in Newbury, Berkshire, UK and partners with Amazon, eBay, Google Shopping Integration, Aures Technologies and Verifone.
Intelligent Retail Point of Sale/Epos Plans and Pricing
Intelligent Retail doesn’t list its pricing on its website. The company invites you to contact them for a free onsite consultation which will result in a plan suitable for you and your business, together with pricing details.
To see how they compare, have a look at: UK Merchant Account and Debit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
Intelligent Retail Features – ‘Connect’
- Stock control
- Sales reports
- Retail reports
- Calculates VAT on a product level
- Accounts information available at the end of each financial period
- End of day financial operations made simple
- Suggests a reorder profile
- Orders can be immediately printed
- Customer information held centrally, no matter how they buy
- Easily create marketing lists
- ‘Flight Deck’ allows an instant, visual look at business performance
- Easy product management
- Warehousing and centralised stock management
- Remote management
- Sell online via your EPOS – Amazon, eBay and more
- Multichannel stock control through Connect Multichannel EPoS
- Manage multiple store retail business more easily
- Customer loyalty programmes
Other Intelligent Retail Products and Services
- Multichannel Retailing Options
- eCommerce hosting
- Connect eCommerce
- Creative design services
- Creative online marketing
Intelligent Retail began back in 2002, with Neil Mackley and Clare Crouch starting on the development of Connect. They were joined in 2004 by David Mackley and the business was incorporated the same year as Intelligent Retail Ltd. In 2005, the Connect system was launched at the NEC in Birmingham. Connect is an award winning multichannel system which is used by over 3,000 retailers across the UK.
Intelligent Retail Pros & Cons
The following pros and cons are based on information available on Intelligent Retail’s website and from reviews Trustpilot.
- Knowledgeable and helpful customer service
- Excellent software product
- Great features
- Value for money
- Sometimes clunky and inflexible system
- Poor customer service who don’t return calls
- Problems with Stock Tree not recording stock correctly
- Long wait to correct glitches in the system
Intelligent Retail Reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews
The only customer online reviews appear to be on Trustpilot, so based on the reviews on that site, our Merchant Machine score is 4.3 out of 5.