The table below compares a few of the most popular card processing options with dedicated merchant account / card machine providers. All of the solutions can be used to process sales either in-person, online or over the phone. (Scroll below to see some additional exclusive offers.)
|Fees||Merchant Account / Card Machine Provider||Paypal||Shopify||iZettle or Square|
|Debit Card Rates||Varies, but usually under 1% and sometimes as low as 0.35%||1.0% - 3.40% + 20p||1.5% - 2.2% + 20p||1.75% - 2.5%|
|Credit Card Rates||Varies, but usually around 1% but sometimes as low as 0.65%||1.0% - 3.40% + 20p||1.5% - 2.2% + 20p||1.75% - 2.5%|
To help you make a fully informed comparison we’re working with Marketing VF Ltd (trading as Inspire Digital) to help find you quotes for merchant account and/or card machine providers for your needs. They are reviewing your details and will shortly be sending you an e-mail or calling you to discus your requirements.
These quotes are all offered for free with absolutely no obligation.
Why can’t we display all prices now?
The reason why we can’t display full prices right away is due to the risk of fraud involved in processing card payments. As a result, our partners need to confirm details about your business with you such as (but not limited to) the number of transactions per month, the value per transaction and confirm that your business does not engage in any restricted and/or illegal activities.
Marketing VF Ltd (trading as Inspire Digital) work with the largest merchant service providers in the UK who price their services based on perceived risk and total monthly transaction volume/value.
The table above shows that these companies often offer far better rates than some of the more popular card processing companies. Moreover, we have written a guide to Merchant Account & Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison that can give you a rough idea what typical fees may look like. Keep in mind, most UK merchant service providers will only give their best rates after to speaking to you about your business to confirm the details mentioned above.
If you would like to cancel your request please just visit this page and enter your e-mail.
If you go ahead with the service, you may be contacted by up to 4 different UK payment providers to help you better compare prices and services.
Exclusive Special Offers
There’s a lot more to accepting payments than just getting a merchant account and/or card machine. The exclusive offers below can make taking payments even easier:
- Compare Merchant Cash Advance With Other Business Loans: See how much you can borrow with Think Business Loans – 100% free; 9.7 out of 10 on Trustpilot.
- Point of Sale System: Book An iZettle Pro Demo & Save Up To £120 – Limited time offer!
- Accept Direct Debits Payments: Get a quote from SmartDebit – The UK’s leading Direct Debit service provider with a 9.3 out 10 rating on Trustpilot.
- Set-up an Online Shop: Try EKM Free For 28 Days – The leading UK based eCommerce platform offering a dedicated account manger for the first 6 months to get your shop up and running.
- Instant Business Banking Account: Apply for a Cashplus Business Account – 100% Instant online decision, simple online application.
- Mobile Card Reader: Buy an iZettle Card Reader For Only £19 – The UK’s most popular mobile card reader at an exclusive lower price.
Compare Business Loans
Find out how much your business could borrow using Think Business Loans.
- 100% Free
- Compare over 200 commercial lenders
- Rated 9.7 out of 10 on Trustpilot
- Over 85% of applicants are eligible for some kind of funding
- Gain access to funds in 24 hours
Book A Point of Sale (EPOS) System Demo
If you run any sort of business that accepts card payments face to face (e.g. shop, pub, coffee shop, hotel, cafe, restaurant, etc.) you’ll most likely need a Point of Sale system on top of card machines. However, systems can easily cost £1,000+.
So wouldn’t it be great if you could book a demo before you buy?
The good news is that we’ve arranged an exclusive deal with iZettle Pro to allow you to try their system plus save up £120 if you buy:
Accept Direct Debit Payments
Direct Debit payments are the ideal way to accept recurring payments due to lower fees and reduced chance of failed payments. That’s why we’ve partnered with SmartDebit.
SmartDebit are the current Direct Debit Service leader with the highest industry Trustpilot score.
They provide timely and efficient payment processing for utilities, insurers, IT providers, schools and colleges, charities and a range of other subscription businesses. A few of the services they offer include:
- Managed Direct Debit for organisations without a Service User Number.
- Bureau service for organisations who hold their own Service User Number.
- Cheque Processing and Imaging.
- SEPA Direct Debit, collect regular recurring payments for products and services within Europe.
- Online Payments, no need for extensive integration work, and you don’t have to handle, transmit or store sensitive card details.
- Dynamic fees based on transaction volumes.
- Enterprise features as standard like a ring-fenced trust account, Your name appears on your customers’ bank statements, Paper to paperless sign-up and omnichannel support.
Start Selling Online
Trying to sell online can be pretty overwhelming. That’s why we’ve partnered with EKM.
Not only do they offer an industry leading 28 day free trial and offer a dedicated account manager to help you get your shop up and running, they also have the highest Trustpliot score of any UK eCommerce platform.
- Upfront pricing that really includes everything (no hidden charges or add-on costs) starting from £29.99 + VAT per month.
- Great Trustiplot reviews (9.3 out of 10 based on over 1000 reviews)
- Powerful range of features included as standard
- Free domain name, SSL certificate and payment processing included
- Free account manager to help you set-up and market your shop.
- 28 day free trial
Need a Business Bank Account?
Then have a look at the Cashplus Business Account. They offer a 100% instant online decision with a simple online application.
- Free to receive bank transfers
- No monthly account management fees
- No UK purchase transaction fees
- Manage cards and reconciliations online
- Order up 99 additional cards
Need A Cheap Mobile Card Reader?
The iZettle card reader has quickly become one the most popular mobile credit card machines options for UK small businesses. For a more in-depth look have a look at our complete 2020 iZettle review.
iZettle Credit Card Machine Features
- Accepts chip & pin, contactless and magstripe payments – including Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
- Works in conjunction with the iZettle App
- Connects via Bluetooth.
- Contactless card payments are up to 25% faster than other mobile credit card machines on the market.
- Transactions made by contactless cards below £30 are approved within seconds.
- Charges via USB cable or through the dock (purchased separately). Charge time: 1-2 hours.
- Battery lasts for up to 8 hours or 100 transactions.
And for a limited time only, you can buy an iZettle Reader For Only £19 via this link.
Any Other Ways To Reduce Your Business Costs?
Finally, you can easily reduce your business electricity costs by as much as 60% by switching suppliers. Click here to compare business energy prices online.