Kobas’ EPoS system runs on any modern hardware (including tablets and iPhones) and integrates with their own customer loyalty schemes, reservation portal and ticket selling service. Kobas offers the hospitality industry a complete management solution, on top of its EPoS system.
Kobas Point of Sale/Epos Plans & Pricing
Kobas have a variety of POS plans to suit businesses of all sizes.
Up to 10 devices – £95 per month
Up to 25 devices – £195 per month
Over 25 devices – Price on application
Hardware (prices exclude VAT)
- Standard fixed EPoS Unit – from £675
- Fixed EPoS Unit – £450
- Fix Epos Unit 14” customer screen
- Site Server – £700
- Receipt printer – £145
- Kitchen printer – £220
- Cash drawer – £50
- Barcode scanner – £170
- Secure iPad stand – £70
Optional Services – one off fees
- Prepaid support per hour – £80
- Unbooked support per hour – £100
- Half day training session ( up to 15 people) – £575
Kobas also offers the entire Kobas suite, their pricing is dictated by the number of venues.
- 1-9 £260 per month per venue
- 10-19 £225 per month per venue
- 20-29 £200 per month per venue
- 30-49 £180 per month per venue
- 50-74 £170 per month per venue
- 75+ £160 per month per venue
Source: Kobas Pricing
To see how that compares have a look at: 2019 UK Merchant Account and Credit Card Processing Fee Comparison.
- Variety of payment methods
- Split bills
- Loyalty scheme
- Orders go straight to kitchen
- Create tabs
- Emoji tab names for iPad users
- Barcode scanning
- Table zone and number assignment
- Access from anywhere on any device
- Real time reporting
- Manage stock levels
- Change prices
- Sophisticated reporting
- Capture data and spot trends
- Table ordering
- Time and attendance module
- Flexible set menu management
- Seamless kitchen and customer communication
Kobas is based in London and is a software startup which supports the hospitality industry. The company was founded in 2009 and introduced Kobas EPoS in 2013.
Kobas’ founder and CEO, James O’Sullivan, says it all started back in 2009 as a favour for friends who ran three bars in London. “They had some spreadsheets to control their deliveries and stock counts but to get their group GP, they had to copy and paste each week and it was becoming a pain. They knew I could write databases and asked if I could help.”
James went on to secure a contract with BeAtOne and realised that there was a demand for his product. James’ friend, Neil Mukerji, then joined him as COO and set about re-writing much of Kobas in order to serve a larger market. Kobas is now used in over 200 venues by 50 clients in the UK. James readily admits that Kobas were late developers when it came to introducing EPoS to the Kobas family.
Kobas’s POS Reviews
There are very few Kobas POS customer reviews online. It’s therefore not possible to give a fair Merchant Machine score at this time.